Updated: May 22, 2020
Simple and Fast and Healthy! Cool Looking One Dish Dinner using Cod and other white fish.
by Margo (the Foodie) Belton
May 22 2020
All you need is a sauce of cream, mustard, lemon and pepper spice or even Mrs. Dash Lemon pepper spices. How? Heat your frying pan add a tablespoon of lemon pepper spice and let it slightly brown in the pan in a tablespoon of olive oil. If you want real noninflammatory results to add a ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Garlic powder is optional (1 teaspoon) Notice we left out the salt so this is hypertensive friendly. Stir often while browning. Do Not Let It Burn!! Remove pan from the stove.
The cream can be non-dairy: I use Alfredo sauce from Ragu.© Pour enough to make a marinade for your fish. If you used Turmeric in the browning phase Skip Adding a tablespoon of mustard. Stir and then put fillets in this sauce and cover at room temperature Bake at 400 in a deep glass pan or skillet for 10-12 minutes or until flaky and done.
Serve over greens like arugula or place over rice
Recipe of the week:
Baked Red Snapper With Garlic and Herbs Recipe
This red snapper recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a family meal. Some good substitutes for red snapper in this dish include haddock, pollock, black cod, or striped bass.
2 (6 to 8-ounce) red snapper fillets
4 tablespoons butter
1 medium clove garlic (pressed or minced)
3 to 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning (or your own favorite seasoning blend, with salt)
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (minced)
Optional: 1 teaspoon chives (snipped, fresh or frozen)
3 to 4 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs (you may use seasoned bread crumbs)
Optional: 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Heat the oven to 400 F.
3. Place snapper fillets in a baking dish that has been sprayed with a butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
4. In a skillet, melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning blend, pepper, parsley, and chives, if using. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, just to blend flavors.
5. Brush both sides of fish fillets with the butter and herb mixture.
6. Toss the breadcrumbs with the remaining butter mixture and Parmesan cheese, if using.
7. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the fillets.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the red snapper fillets. The fish will be opaque and flake easily with a fork when done.